3 Week Learn To Canoe Courses 2018
Course 1: 3rd May, 10th May and 17th May.
Course 2: 7th June, 14th June and 21st June.
Course 3: 5th July, 12th July and 19th July.
Course 4: 30th Aug., 6th Sept. and 13th Sept.
Duration all Courses: 3 weeks, held on Thursday evenings.
Time: 6pm to 8pm
Cost £40 including a £10 discount on your membership fee if you become a member of the BOA Canoe Club.
For full Course Details, method of payment and Consent form (which must be completed) please – click on links below.
Go paddling course for 2018 pdf
Consent form 2018 pdf
For booking contact Mike Purchas email@example.com
The 200 Club Lottery.
Thank you for your interest in the Bradford on Avon Rowing Club – 200 Club Lottery with the chance
to win prizes totalling up to £250 every month. In 2012 alone the 200 Club paid out nearly £1,000 in
prizes to club members.
To see the full details click on the link >> 200 Club Details <<
The objective of the Lottery is to raise funds for general club maintenance projects and also part
raising funds for our proposed new multi-purpose boathouse development. Since it was established in
2007 the 200 club (consisting of just 80 members) has helped to pay for:
The new hot water system for the showers
The perimeter fence and gates
The original changing room updates
We need to continue to raise funds to preserve the facilities that we currently have. However, the
club’s proposed new development over the next few years will be a major financial outlay. Whilst we
hope to obtain grants and funding to help us to achieve this, we will have to undertake a significant
amount of private fundraising. The 200 club will provide a valuable resource in assisting with this goal.
How does it work?
The format is simple you can purchase as many numbers or lottery balls for £2.50 each per month,
you are allocated a number(s) between 1 and 200. Every month one number is chosen at random,
your lucky number could be the wining one. The prize payable is based on the number of participants
– the more the subscriptions the bigger the monthly prize, half the income goes in prizes
– so please encourage your friends and family to join
The 200 Club manager, appointed by the committee, will make the draw every month. All participants
are entitled to witness the draw.
The value of the monthly prize is dependent on the number of ‘numbers’ active in that month. Half of
the income every month goes to the club to fund general improvements that will benefit the entire club.
The other half goes to the lucky winner.
A list will be placed on the club notice board.The winner will be contacted by the 200 Club Manager as
soon as possible after the draw and paid either by cheque or by credit transfer. In the event that the
200 Secretary is unable to contact you with these details when you have won a prize, it is your
responsibility to contact the 200 Club to claim your prize. All prizes not claimed within 12 months will
How can I join?
Joining is easy, download the application form, fill it in and send it to the 200 Club Manager,
Send to: J G B Brown, 21 Baileys Barn, B-O-A, BA15 1BW
or email it to: ‘Jim Brown’ firstname.lastname@example.org
200 Club Details
ADVANCE NOTICE OF BOARC AGM
The Bradford on Avon Rowing Club Annual General Meeting will take place on
Monday 20 November 2017 at 7:30pm, at Bradford on Avon Rugby Club, Winsley.
1. Reporting: At this meeting Annual Reports from the Chairman, Treasurer, Commodore of Canoes and Captain of Boats will be presented to members.
2. Election of Committee: Club Members nominated for next year’s committee will be voted in. Any member aged 18 or over is eligible for nomination to the committee and must be prepared to attend monthly meetings as scheduled. If members wish to be nominated, please refer to the Club Handbook which sets out the roles and duties of Committee Officers.
3. Nominations for Committee Officers: A notice will be placed on the Club Notice boards 21 days before the AGM. Those seeking nomination should enter their name and the names of proposing and seconding members. This must be completed at least seven clear days before the AGM. Any posts remaining vacant may be filled by members in attendance at the AGM.
4. Raising Issues or Agenda Items for the AGM: Club Member wishing to raise issues or add items to the Agenda for the AGM must inform the Secretary in writing no less the 21 days before the AGM. This can be done either by handwritten letter and pinned to the Club Noticeboard addressed to The Secretary, or by email (address below).
5. Attendance: Attendance at the AGM is voluntary but Club Members are strongly encouraged to attend as important decisions may be made at this meeting that will affect all club members.
30 October 2017 – Nominations Open, deadline for Agenda Items
13 November 2017 – Nominations Close
20 November 2017 – AGM
7. Contact Details:
Rowing on the river Avon
Bradford on Avon Rowing Club are holding a Learn to Row course from their boathouse on the river Avon opposite the Tithe Barn, starting on the 15th of October and lasting for 6 weeks.
The course is open to anyone over 18 and would suit absolute beginners as well as former rowers returning after a long gap. It is an excellent way to get some recreational activity without pounding the streets or treadmill.
We have members aged between 14 and 86. It is never too late to take up this most enjoyable sport.
To apply; visit the website.
Learn to Row
Or for further information phone 07790 103304
Rowing is a sport for all ages – Sir Steve Redgrave
No other sport gives greater pleasure – Sir Matthew Pinsent
Saturday 16th September Free Canoe Taster Session 9:30 to 11:30am for anyone interested in ‘Paddle Sport’. Come along and have a go.
You will be required to sign a consent form.
Minimum age: 10 years old.
Clothing requirement: Suitable for weather prevailing, hat, thin but warm long or short sleeve tops, lightweight shorts or leggings and lightweight thin soled shoes. Towel and change of clothing. If cooler and windy Cag/windproof top. Please remember it is always cooler on the water than on the bank!
Further details: email@example.com
Bradford on Avon Rowing Club – Learn to row course. 2017
Come and learn how to scull at Bradford on Avon’s premiere rowing club.
This year’s first course will take place on Saturdays from the 27th of May to the 24th of June, from 10.30am.
Juniors £35 – Adults £70
To book a space, use the contact form –
Contact Us Rowing
Please contact us if you would like a taster of rowing and keep fit with us.
Free Canoe ‘Taster Session’ for anyone interested in ‘Paddle Sport’ part of the www.gocanoeingweek.org.uk
Clothing requirement: Suitable for weather prevailing, hat, thin, but warm long and short sleeve tops, bottoms and lightweight thin soled shoes. Towel and change of clothing. If cooler and windy Cag/windproof top. Please remember it is always cooler on the water than on the bank!
The Canoe Section were pleased to help with
the annual Duck Race
Thanks to Amy and Richard for the photos.
More pictures can be found